Civil / Environmental Engineer
Position Overview Founded in 1976, Los Alamos Technical Associates (LATA) provides technical and project management services to a varied clientele including federal agencies, state governments, municipalities, and a broad range of private sector industrial clients. LATA is currently looking for an experienced, accomplished, self-motivated Civil/Environmental Engineer for a position in our established Westerville, Ohio office.
The successful candidate will apply technical knowledge of environmental engineering principles as well as managerial and financial skills to safely manage challenging projects. The Civil/Environmental Engineer will be responsible for planning, scheduling, resourcing, and executing projects within scope and budget. The Project Manager will have direct interface with project staff, clients, subcontractors, and suppliers.
Typical Essential Functions
• Support all aspects of environmental projects for federal government and industrial clients ranging from $10k to $10M including planning, scheduling, budgeting, and execution of all phases of project work.
• Lead the production of project work plans and submittals.
• Author high-quality technical reports (monthly progress reports, economic analyses, feasibility studies, completion reports, and closure reports).
• Perform field work in a safe and efficient manner.
• Identify, analyze, and formulate solutions to project issues through the application of engineering principles, technical skills, and professional judgement.
• Perform engineering calculations and lead the design and development of drawings and specifications.
• Provide engineering oversight (review shop drawings for conformance with specifications, prepare progress reports, observe construction procedures and progress).
• Interface and communicate clearly and professionally with project and support staff, clients, subcontractors, and suppliers.
• Monitor project progress and performance.
• Maintain and enhance skills by attending training seminars and online webinars.
• Provide both office and field management with occasional travel assignments within the continental US.
• 4-year bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Engineering (Civil, Environmental, Agricultural).
• 2 – 5 years of environmental remediation and field operational experience.
• Professional registration – Professional Engineer (PE) or Engineer in Training with the ability to obtain PE within 1 – 2 years.
• OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER training a plus.
• Valid driver’s license and the ability to travel to remote job sites.
• Ability to visit and safely traverse project sites and comply with all safety requirements. • Proficiency with typical Microsoft Office applications – Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Project. • Knowledge of Autodesk AutoCAD and /or Esri ArcGIS applications a plus. • Must be a US Citizen
LATA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or based on disability.