The qualified Mechanical Engineer will complete mechanical and electromechanical system designs by developing and testing specifications and methods, overseeing installation, and supporting system operation and maintenance activities.
• Evaluates mechanical and electromechanical systems and products by designing and conducting research programs, applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, heat transfer, and materials.
• Confirms system, product, and material capabilities by designing feasibility and testing methods and evaluating properties.
• Develops mechanical and electromechanical designs by studying customer requirements; researching and evaluating manufacturing and assembly methods and materials; soliciting observations from operators.
• Develops system processes by designing and modifying equipment for fabricating, building, assembling, and installing components.
• Assures system and product quality by designing testing methods; testing finished product and system capabilities; confirming fabrication, assembly, and installation processes.
• Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing system operational data and trends.
• Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests.
• Maintains company reputation by complying with government regulations.
• Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer’s instructions and established procedures; requesting special services.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Basic Job Requirements
• 4-year bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Mechanical Engineering.
• Knowledge of mechanical engineering concepts.
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
• Working knowledge of AutoCAD and/or ArcGIS
• Working knowledge of appropriate mechanical engineering software packages (CFD, Finite Element Analysis, Programming, etc.)
• Strong communication skills with the ability to coordinate with coworkers, clients, vendors, and subcontractors.
• Strong technical writing skills with ability to author or review engineering reports, work plans, monthly reports, and regulatory documents.
• Ability to manage small-scale task-type projects from inception through completion.
• U.S. Citizen with valid driver’s license.
• Minimum 10 years of experience in Mechanical Engineering positions
• Offer contingent upon results of background check and pre-employment drug screening.
• Professional Engineer certification highly preferred.
• Willingness to take on short and long-term travel assignments.
• Government security clearance.