Los Alamos Technical Associates, Inc. (LATA), a provider of premier engineering and technical services with over four decades of success, has an opening for an HVAC Engineer in Oak Ridge, Tennessee or Columbus, Ohio.
The qualified HVAC Engineer will apply technical knowledge of engineering principles to support the designing of the HVAC and plumbing system for industrial applications within a chemical processing facility, including performing temperature/humidity control/utility load calculations, developing Airflow Diagrams, Ventilation, and Instrumentation Diagrams, as well as ductwork and piping plans and developing building management system (BMS) control philosophy, details, Sequence of Operations. The Engineer should be knowledgeable in the application of industry standard codes, including ICC, ASHRAE, and NFPA documents and competent using discipline specific technical software such as: Carrier HAP, Trane Trace, etc. Periodic travel is required.
• 4-year bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Engineering
• Valid driver’s license and US Citizen
• Offer contingent upon results of background check and pre-employment drug test
• PE or EIT certification
• Smartplant experience
• Entry level (0 – 5 years’ experience): Up to $85,000 per year
• Mid-level (5 – 10 years’ experience): $85,000 to $130,000 per year
• Senior level (10+ years’ experience): $130,000 to $ 148,000 per year