As leaders in project excellence, LATA has over four decades of proven success in global and domestic markets as a small business specializing in federal government contracting. The Senior Accountant is responsible for working as a part of a team utilizing Deltek Costpoint, in verifying accurate reporting of project cost, unbilled Account Receivable (AR) reconciliations, revenue recognition, internal & external reporting, preparing journal entries. This position will require high level analysis as well as the ability to reconcile at the micro level depending upon the project at hand. Problem solving, the ability to see variances within financial data and the ability to work independently is critical for this position.
Regular duties include:
• Create and post journal entries in Deltek Costpoint accounting software
• Reviews new project setups for accuracy and consistency billing levels and revenue formulas
• Prepares and analyzes reporting for Sr. Management
• Reviews and reconciles GL accounts, bank statements and credit card transactions
• Assists in the monthly close process
• Supports various yearly audits
• Prepares and files monthly gross receipts tax and quarterly CAT tax
• Analyzes monthly unbilled reporting and assists in revenue recognition monthly
• Assist in the preparation of the Incurred Cost Electronic (ICE) submission and the preparation of provisional billing rates
• Performs various backup functions to the Controller as needed
• Other duties as assigned
Basic Job Requirements:
• Associates degree or six (6) years’ experience in accounting or business-related field.
• Three (3) years progressive experience in accounting operations to include the production of accounting reports & financials.
• Accounting, account receivable, and budgeting principles and theories.
• Internal & External, financial-auditing practices and principles.
• Generally Accepted Accounting Practices (GAAP), Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and the Federal Accounting Regulation (FAR) regulations, Federal and State laws.
• Work with all levels of management.
• Work independently and manage multiple tasks, including assignment of proper prioritization, exercise initiative and work under pressure.
• Determine operational trends that are impacting cost and revenue budget analysis.
• Meet deadlines.
• Intermediate-level computer skills that include all the Microsoft Office Suite of software.
• Offer contingent upon results of background check and pre-employment drug test.
• Four (4) year accounting degree
• Senior level: $70,000 to $95,000 per year