POSITION: Mechanical Engineer
JOB TYPE: Full Time
LOCATION: Albuquerque, NM
The qualified Mechanical Engineer will complete mechanical and electromechanical system designs by developing and testing specifications and methods, overseeing installation, and supporting system operation and maintenance activities.
• Serve as a key member of an integrated design team to create and document mechanical designs related to complex electromechanical systems
• Apply creative solution to produce 3D CAD designs of systems, structures, and components. • Research, design, and analyze engineering and technology solutions.
• Produce high-quality engineering drawings of complex assemblies and precision components in accordance with ASME Y14.5 standards.
• Adapt to evolving design requirements while meeting safety, compliance, security, and schedule imperatives.
• Create content and present engineering design deliverables at review and status meetings.
Basic Job Requirements
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment consisting of diverse and multi-disciplinary scientists, engineers, and technicians.
• Knowledge of and experience applying the fundamentals of mechanical engineering and design disciplines to complex design problems.
• Fundamental knowledge of fabrication processes including machining, welding, and metal forming.
• Expert knowledge and demonstrated ability applying Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) to designs and drawings.
• Demonstrated experience applying principles of precision machine design.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Experience designing and implementing mechanical or control systems, structures, and components at industrial plants, and/or large experimental facilities.
• Demonstrated experience designing and building particle accelerators, pulsed power machines, or high-power microwave systems. Relevant experience includes high gradient components, high voltage insulators, vacuum systems, precision alignment systems, equipment support stands, and dielectric fluid and compressed gas systems.
• Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited program AND 6-10 or more years of related experience.
• U.S. Citizen with valid driver’s license.
• Offer contingent upon results of background check and pre-employment drug screening.
• Proficiency using either Creo or Solidworks CAD system for the creation of 3D models and drawings.
• Proficiency using electronic PDM system (Windchill preferred) for configuration management of CAD data and drawings.
• Professional Engineer certification.
• Willingness to take on short and long-term travel assignments.
• Government security clearance.