The qualified site Health & Safety Officer is responsible for maintaining minimum standards of health and safety on a project site to ensure that minimum standards of safety are complied. This role also may include writing or assisting in writing site specific health and safety plans.
The health and safety officer work requires reporting to the management the existence of emergencies and investigating their cause.
• Ensure that the workplace possesses an ideal and safe work environment to protect the health of the staff and visitors
• Identify hazardous elements like chemical, physical, radiological, and biological in the workplace
• Inspect and evaluate all equipment, practices, and procedures in accordance with safety legislation and government regulations
• Ensure that the company’s rules and policies are followed, while working on a health and safety project
• Report all critical emergencies, accidents, staff complaints to the management, and investigate such cause
• Coordinate and provide necessary training in the areas of safety like first-aid, fire drills, accident, etc.
• Maintain good relations and coordination with the staff, management, and external parties to maximize healthy environment and minimize risks
• Lead and assist colleagues at all levels in carrying out health and safety measures
Basic Job Requirements
• Minimum of 10-hour OSHA safety class or equipment within the last three years and experience in the Contractor’s Safety and Health Program
• Competency in the following areas: Excavation, Scaffolding, Fall Protection, Hazardous Energy, Confined Space, and Rigging
• Bachelor of Arts or Science degree is preferred or 3 years equivalent experience
• Literate in Microsoft Office package
• Ability to obtain a security clearance is desired