The Waste Management Specialist shall fulfill a number of duties associated with waste management. This position will be primarily part-time on an as needed basis.
Typical tasks may include, but are not limited to:
• Interfacing with line organizations to determine the types of wastes being generated and the necessary characterizations and packaging needs.
• Managing classified and unclassified matters.
• Packaging, storing, sorting, labeling, and segregating radioactive, mixed, and/or classified waste.
• Preparing radioactive and mixed waste and hazardous waste disposal requests for pickup by the appropriate NTESS facility in accordance with specific SNL training.
• Writing Technical Work Documents (TWDs) and waste management plans; and
• Providing guidance in managing satellites and less than 90-day Accumulation Areas.
• Knowledge of nuclear weapon systems components and the associated hazards
• An active Q-Clearance with Sigma-15 caveat or the ability to obtain an active Q-Clearance by the start of the subcontract,
• A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited post-secondary institution and five (5) years of waste management experience with at least three (3) years of experience in DOE classified or hazardous waste management, OR
• A Master’s degree from an accredited post-secondary institution and three (3) years of experience in DOE classified or hazardous waste management
• Must be a U.S. Citizen