This work will be performed for WMATA (DC Metro) remotely but will require some office time. Successful candidate will have project management experience with small to medium projects, working with leading a team, gathering requirements, working across the different lines of business, and briefing senior PM managers.
Individual will be responsible for working with IT professionals, Engineers, and other metro professionals in the development of the overall layout and original designs, or adaptations, for projects. Individual will work as a member of a project group and be accountable to the WMATA Team Leader who will offer guidance to assure functional excellence, competency, and development. Position will require some travel to the WMATA office or facilities to better understand design issues and to monitor project progress.
The successful candidate will have the following preferred qualifications and experience: • Hybrid Work Arrangement
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
• 2 years of related experience
• Experience using PM software tools and Microsoft
• Ability to handle working on multiple projects at the same time
• Work well in a group/team setting
• Experience with Client management
• Experience in development of project scopes, programming, and fee proposals
• Preparation of documents, drawings, and specifications for a project from verbal or written instruction
• Investigation and procurement of data required to develop a design
• Researching and writing reports/opinions
• Utilization of various related computer software
• Compiling project specifications
• Completing cost estimates
• Gaining project approvals through local and state agencies, including meetings with agencies and responding to comments
• Client and project management, and lead design and support on a wide variety of commercial, industrial and institutional development projects for diverse client base.
Education: • B.S. Degree in Business, Civil Engineering, or related field, or Associate Degree with equivalent project management experience