POSITION: Mechanical Engineer
JOB TYPE: Full Time
The qualified Mechanical Engineer will complete mechanical and electromechanical system designs by developing and testing specifications and methods, overseeing installation, and supporting system operation and maintenance activities.
• Serve as a key member of an integrated design team to create and document mechanical designs related to complex electromechanical systems
• Apply creative solution to produce 3D CAD designs of systems, structures, and components. • Research, design, and analyze engineering and technology solutions.
• Produce high-quality engineering drawings of complex assemblies and precision components in accordance with ASME Y14.5 standards.
• Adapt to evolving design requirements while meeting safety, compliance, security, and schedule imperatives.
• Create content and present engineering design deliverables at review and status meetings.
Basic Job Requirements
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment consisting of diverse and multi-disciplinary scientists, engineers, and technicians.
• Knowledge of and experience applying the fundamentals of mechanical engineering and design disciplines to complex design problems.
• Fundamental knowledge of fabrication processes including machining, welding, and metal forming.
• Expert knowledge and demonstrated ability applying Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) to designs and drawings.
• Demonstrated experience applying principles of precision machine design.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Experience designing and implementing mechanical or control systems, structures, and components at industrial plants, and/or large experimental facilities.
• Demonstrated experience designing and building particle accelerators, pulsed power machines, or high-power microwave systems. Relevant experience includes high gradient components, high voltage insulators, vacuum systems, precision alignment systems, equipment support stands, and dielectric fluid and compressed gas systems.
• Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited program AND 6-10 or more years of related experience.
• Offer contingent upon results of background check and pre-employment drug screening.
• Proficiency using either Creo or Solidworks CAD system for the creation of 3D models and drawings.
• Proficiency using electronic PDM system (Windchill preferred) for configuration management of CAD data and drawings.
• Professional Engineer certification.
• Willingness to take on short and long-term travel assignments.
• Government security clearance.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
LATA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected Veterans, or individuals with disabilities.