Los Alamos Technical Associates, Inc. (LATA) is a small business with over four decades of success. LATA provides premier engineering and technical services to government and commercial clients nationwide. We have an immediate opening for an Environmental Technician located in Los Alamos, New Mexico office.
LATA is looking to hire a full-time Environmental Technician to work at various environmental remediation and investigation sites at Los Alamos National Labs (LANL) in New Mexico supporting ongoing remediation projects and performing environmental sampling. This position has the opportunity for overtime pay situations. The position requires spending 100% of the time in the field. A minimum of 2+ years of environmental field experience is required.
• Collection of soil and vapor samples in accordance with ¬¬¬Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• Experience in maintaining environmental field equipment and organizing field supplies.
• Sample bottle and Chain of Custody preparation.
Skills / Qualifications:
• General mechanical aptitude.
• Operate basic hand tools.
• Ability to lift 50 pounds.
• Candidate must have a H.S. Diploma at a minimum.
• Candidates must have a good driving record and a valid NM driver’s license. • Must have 40 Hour HAZWOPER training certification. • Candidates with Radiological Worker II training or experience working in radiologically posted areas are strongly desired Job Type: Full-time, with the opportunity for overtime pay situations. Required Education: High school diploma or equivalent. Required Experience: 2 years of environmental field experience.
LATA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or based on disability.