Position: Civil Engineer
The qualified Civil/Environmental Engineer will apply technical knowledge of environmental engineering principles as well as managerial and financial skills to safely manage challenging projects. The Civil/Environmental Engineer will be responsible for planning, scheduling, resourcing, and executing projects within scope and budget.
• Support all aspects of environmental projects for federal government of industrial clients with budgets up to $50M including planning, scheduling, budgeting, and execution of all phases of project work
• Perform engineering calculations and lead the design and development of drawings and specifications
• Provide engineering oversight (review shop drawings for conformance with specifications, prepare progress reports, observe construction procedures and progress
• Lead the production of project work plans and submittals
• Author high-quality technical reports (monthly progress reports, economic analyses, feasibility studies, completion reports, and closure reports)
• Perform field work in a safe and efficient manner
• Identify, analyze, and formulate solutions to project issues through the application of engineering principles, technical skills, and professional judgment.
• Interface and communicate clearly and professionally with project and support staff, clients, subcontractors, and suppliers
• Monitor project progress and performance
• Maintain and enhance skills by attending training seminars and online webinars
Basic Job Requirements
• 4-year bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Engineering (Civil, Environmental, Electrical, Mechanical, Structural)
• Minimum 10 years of environmental remediation and field operational experience
• Professional Engineer certification required, Texas PE highly preferred
• Proficiency with MS Office applications – Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Project
• Ability to travel
• May be required to obtain a US Security Clearance based on specific project requirements.
• Offer contingent upon results of background check and pre-employment drug screening
• Three (3) plus years environmental remediation and field operational experience
• Two (2) years field supervision experience
• OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER training
• Knowledge of Autodesk AutoCAD and/or Esri ArcGIS applications
• Willingness to take on short and long-term travel assignments
• Experience in DOE and DOD Environmental Remediation and/or D&D projects
• Entry level (0-5 years' experience): Up to $75,000 per year
• Mid-level (5-15 years' experience): $75,000-$120,000 per year
• Senior level (15+ years' experience: $120,000- $145,000 per year
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
LATA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected Veterans, or individuals with disabilities.